Sunday, March 27, 2005

lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly lolly lolly

So Lauren, here are your questions:

1. Dum Dums, Charms, Blow Pops, or Tootsie Pops?

2. I was doing some third world shopping tonight in a major store that uses a bulls-eye as its logo, and I saw on an endcap a prominent display of "Learn to Knit!" kits (they weren't called exactly that, but it was pretty close). Other than the ubiquitous and obvious eyelash and furry scarf, the only wearable item was a bikini bathing suit which was to be knit out of cheap-ass 99 cent cotton, and there did not appear to be an entire single 99 cent ball's worth included in said kit. Aside from the fact that said "bathing suit" would be heavy, would not last, and without elastic would fall off immediately upon wetting, and we don't even need to mention that it only came in the color variegated white and pale pink such that everything would show through, I am wondering what you think about this kit. Having met you in person, you know that I am not a thin size 2 person, and while I personally don't have a problem with bringing knitting to the teens and 'tweens of today, I personally take issue with the whole body-image self-esteem issues that might arise from this. Discuss.

3. Cataloging or reference? (For the non-librarian types out there, many catalogers don't like reference, and many reference librarians don't like cataloging. If one tends to like one, one often tends to dislike another.)

4. So I was in Alexandria today and I saw this really long scarf/shawl/caftan thing and I bought it. It's hand-dyed and silk and fuschia and lavender and will absolutely clash with my red hair and ultra-dramatic and I spent like $200 on it, plus some scarf slip/clasp thing which cost even more money and is handmade glass and it, too, is beautiful and I've never owned anything like this before, although I did wear my vintage hand-painted silk Peter Max scarf in my hair on Friday to carry through on that whole "no hair products" experiment - and boy did I feel odd all day long. Do you have anything like this scarf/shawl thing in your scarf collection or are all of your scarves small and neck-like only? Any suggestions for me, being the scarf-queen that you are?

5. When are we having dinner again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home