Wednesday, April 06, 2005

should i stay or should i go?

Well, he told me.

All indications from this weekend and from the conversation The Man Who Lives in the House and I literally just had point to an impending separation of the legal kind.

I was very impressed at how well he's adapted to bachelorhood in the five weeks I was absent from his life. And when I say bachelorhood, I mean it's like I was being eradicated like a nest of nasty roaches in the crawl space. He's learned to do his laundry and got extremely angry at me for daring to throw his clothes in with mine. He's learned to cook actual meals for himself. He's been going through all of my things to clear my stuff out, and I found out, not from him, mind you, that he's been in discussions over new employment that will offer him benefits so he won't have to take benefits through me.

What does this mean to you, ladies and gentlemen?

If I didn't know he were utterly clueless when it came to reading interest from others, I'd say he was having an affair.

I'm going to crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep now.

15 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

I'm so sorry, honey.

11:25 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i'm sorry, too (rabbitch took my exact words) it's hard when that happens. just hang on and keep knitting.

11:34 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

i'm so sorry too, and i wish you the best. take care of yourself.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm so sorry - be strong and know that I'm thinking of you and and sending good thoughts, vibes and hugs your way.
~Beth

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hon, I'm so so sorry. I know I don't really know you, but if there's anything you need me to do (ranging from breaking some hussy's kneecaps, telling you how much you rock, drinking beers, knitting and a movie....), please don't hesitate to ask

9:22 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

There are no words that will help. But I'm sorry. I hope that things work out for the best, whatever that turns out to be.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Colette said...

I'm really sorry - if I can do anything for you, I will.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really rough, hon - I'm so sorry! {{{{{{{Rebecca}}}}}}

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in reply to your comment on my blog, the ex is in jail for intrusion. take it as you may. gimme your email, and i'll give you a deeper version, lol.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Wow... I'm really sorry.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Cry, then realize how much better off you are going to be. The pain will linger for a while, I'm sure, but in the long run your life will be a much happier one. Remember, everything works out for the best, even if we can't see it at the time. Give yourself time to grieve your loss, and take time to do things that make you happy. Best wishes and lots of hugs.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

I am not going to post a comment because I am on the phone with you right now (although you are literally two feet away from my cubicle). YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME NOW - so everyone she must be feeling better :) Oh wait - I think I cause an asthma attack - don't choke....

7:14 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Ohh ... hugs and good karma are coming to you from me!! Take care of yourself through this ... Jenifer

1:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So sorry to hear this...
Take care...

2:46 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Icky...I am sorry.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home