Monday, October 24, 2005

for this is all a dream a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago.

There we were, on Saturday night, at Trixie and Wawa's neighborhood chili cookout, actually having a good time socializing with some of their neighbors, and The Man Who Lives in the House was speaking!, when I KNEW I had to leave IMMEDIATELY.

Yep, boys and girls, the d & c I had two years ago to stave off the six week long hemmorhages has come to an end. I knew that morning it was impending. I went to Walgreen's and stocked up. There I was in my fat yoga pants, unshowered for four days, broken out, bloated despite the diuretics I'm on, an ancient college student government t-shirt, a do-rag, tevas with the damn toe wrapped up, and a basket filled with econmony packs of extra long maxi pads with wings, super ultra plus tampons, Midol, variety packs of tampons, chocolate ice cream, choclate bars, chocolate syrup, chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, etc. The woman at the cash register said, "Are you having a good day today?" and as I looked at her balefully as I unloaded my basket o' goodies, looked down and said, "Oh. Clearly you aren't." Lowers her voice to a stage whisper. "I'm really sorry. Is there anything I can do for you?"

I had to laugh.

So here I am, on day...three, still bleeding worse than a stuck pig. I have cramps so bad I can't breathe. My face looks like a 13 year old's. I have a massive migraine.

Why do men want sex when we're in this state? Could I be more disgusting right now? How come The Man didn't want to touch me LAST week? Why does he want me NOW? Forbidden fruit?

I did buy myself a treat yesterday. It's the cutest little thing ever. Now I need to knit it a sock, because buying the iPod socks seemed silly.

The Man bought himself a new computer, the brand new dual processor G5 PowerMac to replace his dual processor G4 PowerMac, and then decided he's going to return it and exchange it for a 20" flat panel G5 iMac. Despite the fact that he's been waiting for two years for the dual processor G5s to come out and they came out last Wednesday. I'll never understand.

2 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

gimme your addy, and i'll send chocolate. it's the only cure (midol is a placebo, please)

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your drama. I understand the extreme pain of it all. I have been use those thermacare and playtex portable heating pads. It is a nice feeling to press heat up against your skin.

As for the Nano, I got one for my birthday and I LOVE it. Apple has definitely gained a new friend from me. It is so small, I am trying my best not to lose it in my purse.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home