Thursday, October 20, 2005

oooh! presents!

The luscious knitting diva gifted me with Halloween gifts. Yay! I took a before picture, because the wrapping was so cute:
So I mailed that picture to myself after I took and sent the after picture, which has NOT arrived yet. You'll have to wait until later until you see the after picture. If it ever comes, that is...

Thanks, dreamy angela!

By the way, I had a long, long, LONG talk with my friend (the one from last weekend). We worked things out. We're also trying an experiment. Every time I say something negative about myself, I am forced to restate it in a positive light. It's been 24 hours since the two of us began this experiment. It's been quite trying, frustrating, and hair-pulling on my part, and, I believe, amusing on the part of my friend, who is not letting me get away with ANYTHING. I have never realized how incredibly negative I am in every aspect of my life. I gave up at about 4 PM but started back up with encouragement from some other people, who think the experiment is fun to watch, if nothing else.

The Man Who Lives in the House? He's concerned that I'm going to become like his junior high school teacher who was angry and bitter and had a nervous breakdown and went away to a mental institution and came back with a permasmile a la The Joker and was still angry and bitter but smiled about it and he was positive she was going to knife him to death in his bed at night while he was asleep.

He's so supportive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colette said...

Was her name Irene? I think I worked with her once.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

So I want to be part of the experiment. WaWa and I are totally on board. If Hans can do this with you then I KNOW that I can as well. Given how much you are learning about your self-image this way - I think Man Who Lives in House may actually be on to something. We all need to focus on positive things as much as possible if only to circumvent the gross negativity that is everywhere in today's culture. We love you.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

I can totally imagine myself coming out of the padded room with the Jokerish smile. Oh but I would have to be more creative than the knifing in the sleep thing. If you have the look of the Joker, you need the mentality to go along with it. And that would mean doing something funny with an evil twist. Hmmmm...something to think about.
~
Sorry did I drift way off there? It's cool you are trying to turn all your negatives into positives. You deserve all the joy you can handle.
:)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home