Sunday, November 06, 2005

when you see me in misery come on baby see my feet right

So on Friday I was inspired by a co-worker who told me she needed a cell phone cozy and told me tales of her newly blind dog chasing bunnies in the yard still, and I was flipping through Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation and saw the cell phone monsters and decided to modify the pattern slightly and make one for my co-worker, only it was difficult to modify the pattern very much because that's a massively poorly written fucked up pattern and don't they have test knitters or anything for that book? I mean, I know they do so that was a rhetorical question, but didn't they for that pattern because the pattern made no sense. Sew side B to side A and then side C to what remains of side A? The measurements were all off. Either someone cannot do math or someone really needed to add more drawings and photographs to that pattern. The few pictures didn't give me any sort of adequate idea as to what the fuck was going on and all I could figure out was there was going to be some fucked up knitting going on so I refused to do it that way. I think the picture is incredibly fun but come fucking on here people! I say this with the mea culpa of not having looked up to see whether there are errata published anywhere. Maybe this resolves the problem. But who, other than people in the publishing field and librarians (and I am technically in both of those fields to an extent), even know about errata? So anyway my massively changed but inspired by the true story result is this:
The heavy beads for the crazy eyes keep the flap down, although nothing will keep the ears up. So it'll look more like a basset hound when she gets it, but whatever. I added a button strap to the back to she can keep it on the handle of her purse:
And on that feeling of high-flying accomplishment, I went over to hockey mom's house to drink and nosh and kvetch with hockey mom and jodi. I bitched quite a bit and they supported me as all good knitters ought, because I was naturally correct in all that I said. Some pics from my bad camera phone:
and later, hockey mom untangled a gordian knot of yarn jodi brought
while jodi kept pulling on the other end
and then jodi browbeat hockey mom into knitting her ipod nano Nelson a sock, and hockey mom knit Pandora one too:
and thereby began and completed two projects in one night while untangling yarn and listening to me whine. Me? I began knitting Inky for The Man Who Whined About My Leaving Home Last Night out of Peace Fleece I had lying about the house
and I got quite a bit done. This is the current state of Inky:
because I decided to make Inky wider. And I have to work today but I keep staring at Inky, wanting to redo him to at least last night's state again before I work.

Discipline.

4 Comments:

Blogger jodi said...

Aw, sucks to be Inky. Guess size does matter.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Delurking to let you know that there's an errata for both SNB and SNBN here.

Also, hi! I've been stopping by for awhile, found you while surfing knitting blogs (I'm a knitter, but my blog isn't). I've made a few things out of SNBN, so the errata bookmark has been a good friend of mine. Hopefully it will spare you further cursing at bewildering patterns!

8:43 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

ok, woman, i've been dilatory as hell. what's your dc addy? not only was there no chocolate mailage, there was no chocolate shopping either, and i didn't think you'd want leftovers from halloween (believe me, i thought about it, lol). sorry!

looks like you had fun at hockeymom's, and i'm sure inky will be just fine. as for TMWLITH, tell him to quit whining, at least you have a job, it's better than some

9:08 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

oh, and btw, my last confirmation word says you're triple x

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home