Tuesday, October 25, 2005

is the music calling for a river of blood?

Well, the new Nano, or "Pandora," as she is called, is a hit, and the blood is still flowing, so the Clash lyrics are apropos.

I have no chocolate in my house.

I am far too lazy to like, drive to the store and buy some.

Dragon knitter has offered to send some. I'll take you up on that offer.

This isn't an affliction I can like, tell my boss. "Hey, I feel like crap because dear Auntie Flo has come to town. Gonna bail on that meeting today." As it is, the whole telecommuting deal lets me looks like crap and doesn't care that I have no makeup and am chowing down on cashews and bagel crisps and vegan gluten free organic rice cakes and such during the meetings. I just lay in bed, my phone on mute, moaning in pain, with two Thermacare pads on, praying for death to come soon. And that's just because of what was going on in the meeting...(hahaha)

When I started this job, so did someone else who is a couple of years older than I am. Within a month, all three of the non-menopausal women at work were on the same cycle. I feel like I'm in high school, playing women's lacrosse again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, and I thought my one or two days of pain this month was bad. I'm feeling for you, even if you dont know me! My savior this time around: microwave heating bag made of flannel and filled with rice. Yeah, smells a little like cooked rice but what relief! Say the word and I'll have one on its way. (email crazycatladymet at livejournal dot com)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Girl, I am just around the corner. If you need something, let me know. Silly.

11:10 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i'm waiting for the addy, and when you say "bitch" say it with pride~

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home