Thursday, October 27, 2005

it's time for a stuart smalley moment.

But first...

Thanks to Melissa for her offer, but Melissa, your email address doesn't work.

Last night, my friend and I did a one week review of The Rewind Experiment. According to my friend, it is working. I am already less negative. I don't see it, but then again, that's a negative statement. My friend is willing to forge ahead out of caring for me. So despite backsliding, we're moving on.

I have also come to the realization that Crazy Lady has never accepted me, and I have gotten through my anger at her about that. I think I have gone through the seven stages of grief on that. It's sad, but I have to accept that she never has and never will accept me for me.

So I met another friend for breakfast this morning, and we talked about self-esteem issues. This friend also has self esteem problems and says there is an aspect of self back talk, where one self-consciously berates oneself. It was very true!

And I started a new knitting project, because Pandora's Sock wasn't going to work. But the yarn was screaming for something else. It'll hopefully be done in a day or so...

So, for the Stuart Smalley quote, in "Stuart Saves His Family":

"But today, I've decided to take a risk, and wear a new sweater. It was sent to me by a recovering sex addict, Melissa D., who knitted it herself; she said it gave her something to do with her hands."

4 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

You had breakfast with someone other than me ????!

Did you go to Sunrise Cafe ?

I am so jealous.

Glad that Hans is bringing you out of the negative image funk. Hope that I am helping as well. It's a team sport only we don't speak as often as you and Hans. Hang in there...

11:12 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

OMG

On my conference call someone actually said "In Toto" and I swear I saw Dorothy and a Rainbow...

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*facepalm*
That's because I'm an idiot. crazycatladymel at gmail dot com

Offer still stands.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

I can't do anything for your cramps. Or your self-esteem thingies. But remember I heart you, dude.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home