Friday, October 28, 2005

there's a lonely soul out on the crossroads

You know, probably nobody has ever noticed that the majority of my blog post titles come from song lyrics. Mostly lyrics from songs by the greatest band that ever walked the face of the earth.

Just sayin'.

You know how sometimes you hit that one major decision-making point in your life where you need to put up or shut up?

I'm at a crossroads, with a variety of things going on in my life right now, and I need to make many decisions. I think I know what I need to do. I'm going to put off some of the major decisions, which probably makes me a coward, but I just need to put my life on an even keel before I add more stress and upheaval to it.

My non-Pandora's Sock Project is coming along nicely. It's some kind of Noro wool, I have no idea what kind. Someone wonderful I once worked with at an evil empire telecommunications company that "outsourced" both of us rather than claim to have laid us off, even though both of us ended up unemployed at the end of 2001, imagine that gave it to me. There's no band and no information and she gave it to me long before we were "outsourced" so I haven't a clue what ilk of Noro it is or what color schema. I don't even know if I'll have enough yarn to finish the project, which is why I am not telling you what it is.

5 Comments:

Blogger Colette said...

I did notice - just didn't comment on it. Take your time on the decision making - rushing into the wrong choices won't help.

Between cool confusion
And kung fu in the car park
Could the weekend be losing
That romantic spark

4:25 PM  
Blogger jodi said...

I use a lot of song lyrics too and if people ever notice, they never say. I'll admit some of them are kind of a stretch though.

Bellsouth is truly fucking evil. You wouldn't believe how many times they have screwed me in the last month. Okay, it's not like they made me lose my job, but my mind, hell yeah.

5:13 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i have a continuous sound track in myhead. i wouldn't know how to live without some kind of music. and EVERYTHING makes me think of a song. i once worked in an upscale steakhouse kitchen where i was sequestered in the back (the rest of the line was up front where they could be watched) and i would sing all night long. i love singing, and i used to karaoke, before i started dating a bass player. now i'm scared to sing in front of him,lol. we've been together for over 2 years, and i'm jsut now getting comfortable with it, lol.

and i'll mail the chocolate tomorrow

10:37 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

I knew. I also know what the mystery knitting project is and I have seen it and it is lovely!

Tell everyone what you bought this weekend.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Happy Halloween!
:)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home