Thursday, February 16, 2006

hot to assimilate we'll rot or annihilate

I was all about taking the advice from ellie (and have you watched the David Hasselhoff video ellie links to? You must. Right now. Go there, then come back) and La and ignoring the Borgness of the scarf and allowing the leaves to assimilate here and there, and then I went to the Stitchin' for Sanity night last night and Janice decided she wanted to put herself through the utter torture of tinking the lace mohair and making it right again.
And then after she did that, I started working on it again and got two rows in, had to tink back, knit three more rows, had to tink back, and I decided that yesterday just wasn't my day for lace. I am exactly where I was the day before and everything I touched turned to extra stitches and missed YOs and sl1, k2tog, pssos that I did too many times. And because the scarf was once assimilated and is no more, it is really the Seven of Nine scarf.

And here's a bonus picture of Knotty Mouse and Jane and Famous Steve.
Speaking of photos, Mouse and I were just having a chat about posting of bad pictures on the interwebs. This reminded me of The Worst Picture Ever Taken of Me. Brace yourselves before you click.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Hey there--

Nice to see you last night. Found the pattern for the Clap-o-TEE. (hee-hee). Might just take a whack at it if I get brave enough and have enough hands to hold to get me thru it. (Jane and Janice are you listening???)

Now, what was that brand of chai you were talking about last night? Let me know and I'll see if I can find it on my next expedition.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I missed you last night. Will you be there next week?

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I seem to have discovered in class on Tuesday, conversation+lace=bad.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

You are just saying so much in that picture. It's not bad. I never take good pictures, that's why you only see Harley's mug on my blog.
:)

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home