Wednesday, February 15, 2006

i just mess up and i go wrong but i can change i can change

Remember my Branching Out scarf? I have ten repeats done now, and I looked last night and...I messed up somewhere on the tenth repeat, which mess up I didn't find until after I moved the lifeline to above the tenth repeat, and now I have two leaves melding together in a fused Borg assimilation manner, Do I rip it out, keeping in mind my lifeline is above the fucked up part, or do I keep it as a design element? Note: I have the correct number of stitches, so I don't even know where I went wrong.

I might make it to the Gwinnett SnB/stitchers/whatever thing tonight. I might stop being invisible, this week.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do more mess ups on purpose and call it the borg assimilation scarf. If anyone questions you, tell them "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." Or fix it, you know, whatever seems more fun.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Do come. Oh, and Mouse has been calling to see if we can get the meeting room. So if you don't see us out in the general population, look for us behind closed doors.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

We'll be out in the open this week.. but we have reserved the meeting room for other nights. Can't wait to see you in person finally.. lol

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many rows down is it? If it's reasonable, you can tink it without too much threat to your sanity.

It's what I would do, at least. But then, I'm crazy.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

If you do decide to rip back, I've heard sticking mohair in the freezer makes it easier to rip out.

5:09 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i definitely hear design element. do it again a few times, and it's a design element. even if you don't know how you did it, do it again, lol. no point in making yourself crazy over mohair you've already thrown away 4 times

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home