Thursday, May 25, 2006

sleep with one eye open gripping your pillow tight

So, I was already planning a cheesy 80s-esque teen book club when Jen suggested we start one...and so, we are announcing the Awesome Angst Along. (I say "we" as in Jen and me, we're co-hosting, although most of these ideas came from Jen, so she's the backbone of this deal, I'm just the queen bitch. She even came up with the name. It's deep and meaningful, but with HOPE.) So. Here's the deal:
  1. Books should cost no more than $1.50. If you choose to spend more on said books, that's up to you, but we're looking at books that are readily available on places like Amazon or used bookstores for less than a dollar.
  2. We'll start with a list of 4 or 5 books. You can read all or one or as many as you want. We want suggestions for other books. This is interactive.
  3. Feel free to share books amongst yourselves. People shouldn't get hosed or clusterfucked or anything, but if you're done with that book and want to send it to someone else, please do.
Who's in?

9 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

i won't be joining in, i dont' have enough time int he day as it is, but i thought i'd suggest
www.paperbackswap.com.

if you use me as a reference, i get extra credits! email me, and i'll let ya know what to do

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME ME ME! I want in! Pleeeze?

K, I'll stop bouncing up and down in my chair now.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

You just know if there's a big enough cheese factor that I'm in.

So yeah, baby. I am indeed.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...now this I could go for. Time to pull out the Judy Blume.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have i ever told you about 'beatallica'? they do beatles songs in a metallica style with the lyrics changed to be metallica references. todays post reminds me of their song 'tax man'

11:43 AM  
Blogger Karida said...

okay, i'll do your dorky thing if you do mine. and, you know, i want to read the witch of blackbird pond.

12:54 PM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

I'm just trying to find an angsty enough template then we can send out the invites.

And no, you're the backbone, I'm just the blogmaker.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love the idea! I can't even find the time to read a magazine though. Let me know what you are reading and I'll try to keep up - it is too cool to pass up.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm new. This idea got my attention b/c I was just thinking about reading Memo to Myself When I Have a Teenage Daughter. I totally forgot about Blackbird Pond!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home