Monday, June 19, 2006

all i can say is that my life is pretty plain i like watchin' the puddles gather rain

And so Ellie picked me up from work and we hung out and ate Thai and drove to the 'burbs to go to the SUPER JoAnn's so we could get swag for tomorrow night's Knit, Purl, Hurl: Crafty Tee Edition and upon walking in, we saw a sight too scary to behold:
Yep, Fun Fur for only $3.99 a ball! And it self-stripes! But we meandered and bought cotton dishcloth yarn because you know, I wanna be just like Rabbitch even though I don't have that school-nurse's-office-green cotton. And scissors for t-shirt craftiness and stick pins and ribbon that has polka-dots all over it and then we got kicked out because they closed so we went to Target Greatland ("It's GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!") which was only open for another hour and we got kicked out of there too. Dude, what's up with the stores in Columbia MD? At least in Atlanta they're open until 11. And Ellie's so sweet and she put up with me chattering non-stop about the blue meanies that are my in-laws for like 30 minutes straight.

Oh yeah and we had gotten soaked beforehand and were stuck in heavy rain the whole drive up. Hence, today's post title.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karida said...

dude, columbia rolls up the sidewalks at 9. seriously, everything closes before 10. except walmart. and the drive through at mcdonalds.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Are they trying to scare off customers by putting that stuff out front?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

It looks as if someone coughed up a very huge hairball..

I would be traumatized for life but I see that same bin of fluff and furr at every JoAnn Fabric store I have ever been in.

Someone at work bought me 4 assorted skeins of that crap at Christmas. Every time I mention knitting she asks me if I have used her yarn yet...do you think if I say yes to wipe my---err...probably not a good thing.

:o)

Ann

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home