Friday, September 01, 2006

another suburban family morning grandmother screaming at the war

Last night, instead of Buffy night, Karida and I decided to go out to dinner and eat mass quantities of tofu goodness. While sauntering about Gallery Place, we saw some interesting knitwear at Benetton, the store that was sooo cool to wear clothes from when I was 12 years old. This, in particular, caught our eye:
A simple cable knit, albeit in fuzzy crappy polyester mohair ick. It should be done in Crack Silk Haze or Crack Classic. Karida proceeded to deconstruct it while the anxious, gorgeous, Italian or just pretending to be fashion-model-wannabe sales clerks anxiously looked on.
I took more pictures to share but my phone thinks I sent them and Flickr thinks I didn't. Oh well. Later, in Urban Outfitters, we were amused by this display.
"Yarn"? Other than being made out of (crappy polyester) yarn, what does that have to do with yarn? And it's not like they were the only yarn-made objects in the store.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I usually like Urban Outfitters, but those sweaters make me gag a little. Yuck.

The stole is cute, though, in an "I could do it better" kind of way.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I like the stole as well.. but realize that a real human with a head would probably look silly wrapped up like that.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Were any animals injured in the filming?

11:14 PM  
Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Thats completely lovely! Youve got such great taste!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I only get a bunch of updates once a week?

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home