Thursday, September 14, 2006

please allow me to introduce myself i'm a man of wealth and taste

So there I was on the bus this morning, knitting on the neverendingwhenthefuckaretheygonnabedone legwarmers, listening to my iPod playlist of 11 of the 20 songs I always listen to, FSM forbid I, I dunno, branch out in musical tastes even just a little bit, and this chick comes on the bus and my immediate reaction was, "Hey, she looks like a cool person, I bet we'd be good friends." Am I the only one this happens to? And I sat through the rest of the bus ride (10 minutes or so) and she sat right across the aisle from me, not reading, not talking, not iPodding, and not knitting, and I never said a word to her. I figure if I had she'd blow me off and tell me how much she hates me and what a scrapper I was (yeah, there was the insult from Vitriola's 8th grade birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. Scrapper. From some bitch I had never met. I hate her. What the fuck was her name? She was skinny and had blond hair and wore a blue sweater. I remember the tone of her voice when she said it. It hurt me, deeply. I know, I know, I shouldn't let it affect me, but I do. She put me in my place and made me feel low. Wonder if she's thrice divorced from Navy men with a passle of kids and a slew o' "uncles" nowadays. Please say she is, because I couldn't deal with it if she were somebody Good and Important like Head of UNICEF or something, it would make me feel even lower, even today, 20 years later and OH MY FUCKING FSM has it really been 20 years since that birthday party?) and so I left her to herself, feeling the loss of a friend I had never met.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Death to the bitch...

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it Sandy? It's ok, she got her ass kicked at a bus stop on Curt Blvd. by someone named, uh, shit, I forget. But she had something to prove at that time.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Karida said...

i always see people i think would be ideal friends on the bus or in the park. i never say anything either.

2:21 PM  
Blogger BerkeleyBecca said...

I still fantasize about running over the b*tches in my junior high school. And it's been way more than 20 years.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home