Tuesday, January 02, 2007

when i come to the club step aside pop the seats don't be hatin' me in the line

With a small apologies to Karida, who hates Fergie, for today's lyrics. I don't totally apologize. Just kinda small for inflicting Fergie upon you, Karida. But really, I can quote who I want to. So I don't totally apologize.

Is it totally lame that I've been carrying the letter (see post from two days ago if you don't know) around with me and occasionally pulling it out to reread it and I still haven't even read past the first part of the first line of the first sentence of the first paragraph where it says, "CONGRATULATIONS!"? And I still don't believe I passed and I know I didn't say much about it but really if I failed all y'all would hate me forever more and you'd realize what a total loser I am although you probably already know that already don't you? So anyway the deal is that you have to have a certain amount of experience to qualify to take the exam and then you have to pass five 100 question multiple choice exmas and then you can take the sixth essay exam and then you get the letters after your name. The ones that I told Crazy Lady about and her first reaction was, "Good. Now you can quit your job." Huh? "Now you can be a real librarian." Umm. This exam was not a librarian exam. I am a librarian by way of my having a master's degree. I've had said master's for more than ten years now. I just choose to work in the twisted totally meant for oddballs really weird fascinating world of records management that I know everyone out there wishes they were part of.

Back to the fancy letters. Does it mean I know any more? No. I probably know less. Does it mean people who haqve those fancy letters are all brilliant? Huh. Well. Remember Napoleon? (Go on. Read it. I'll wait.) Yep. He has 'em. So do some other people who. Well. Better not say.

But. For some reason, even though I started taking this as a lark, it came to mean something to me. And I still can't believe I passed.

I'm going to take my letter out again and reread it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly...we love you regardless of whatever letters you may have floating out there after your name, but a big congratulations are in order anyway. Congratulations!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Karida said...

Boo Fergie! And Congrats too. But mostly boo Fergie!

12:33 PM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

Can I boo Fergie, too? Cuz once that's out of the way I'd like to say HELL YEAH, ITGIRL!! I choose to take it as a sign of good things to come in 07. Of course, I'd choose to take the fact that not too much cheese stuck to the paper when I unwrapped my burger as a good omen these days so what the fuck do I know? But I still think it's proof you're smart and capable and good. So there.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

All hail she of the many letters.

You done good...read that letter until you wear the ink off the page.

<3

Ann

11:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations!!
Don't listen to the Crazy Lady. The first reaction from the Bald Man when I found out we were having twins was There are no twins in our family. Maybe one will be reabsorbed.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Big Alice said...

What she said. HELL YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home