Friday, May 25, 2007

like the sweetest cup i'd share with you you lift me up don't you ever stop

And now I have Simple Minds in my head.

Okay, I know I've been gone for awhile, and I want to say thank you to everyone who commented or thought about commented but instead was a lazy-ass lurker like I usually am or who called me or texted me or sent me good vibes or vibes or reiki or whatever.

Yes, I am alive. As many of you saw in the comments in my last post, and in Melissa's posts, and in subsequent posts, Melissa took me to the ER, blood transfusion, I flew back to DC a day later, had a subsequent ER visit, and have been out of work this entire time.

And without the interwebs.

For those of you who were inspired enough by my tale to give blood, I think that's awesome. I used to give blood often, and, if I am allowed to when I have some to spare, will give it again. Someone with B+ blood, maybe two someones, gave blood for me, and saved my life. I never thought much about my giving blood when I did give it, but now that I've gotten blood, I have to say, it's a miracle.

For those of you who can't give blood because you literally faint, or you've tried and your blood is unacceptable, that's fine. Knit something extra for charity you might not have, or donate time to a soup kitchen, or do nothing.

Except.

Can we please stop treating our menstrual cycles like some hidden shameful secret?

I found out last night that The Man Who Lives in the House's aunt has this EXACT SAME FUCKING PROBLEM EIGHT YEARS AGO. When I met her, she had just had surgery for "private, female issues." When The Man told Enabling Alcoholic what had happened to me, she was all, "Oh, yeah, that's what those private, female issues were that your aunt had."

FUCKFUCKUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

I said previously that Amy saved my life with her post about it. Gee, do you think if we hadn't kept this all private and secret, that had I known what had happened to The Man's aunt even a little bit, that I might have FUCKING GONE TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE IT WAS ALMOST TOO FUCKING LATE AND THE ONLY REASON IT WASN'T WAS BECAUSE I CHOSE TO GO TO AN OB/GYN WHO DOESN'T TAKE INSURANCE SO SHE COULD SEE ME RIGHT AWAY AND HAD I WAITED TO SEE ONE WHO TOOK INSURANCE I WOULD STILL FUCKING BE WAITING??!!!!?!?!?!?!?

My in-laws are probably sorry I didn't die.

In any event, I'll show some ripple progress later, after I nap a bit.

E2A:
Did I say thank you to all of you for your support? Cuz, really, thank you. My doctor just called and my anemia is almost GONE!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Janice in GA said...

I, for one, am delighted that you are still with us. Do whatever you need to do to stay healthy, ok? I don't want to have to get all medieval on your ass. :)

(I'm really not a violent person. It just makes me crazy when someone I like isn't well and I can't do anything about it.)

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sweetie! Good to hear from you again.

Did they ever figure out what the problem was, exactly? Is the cause of all of this fixed? (Yeah, sorry I'm nosy...just want to make sure you're okay.)

Tangentially...did you hear about the menstrual-period-stopping pill? http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_5961986

6:15 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

So glad you're feeling better! Will you need surgery to fix it too? Here's hoping you don't need any more blood transfusions. Hugs!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Glad to hear you are alive and well.. I've been thinking of you since I read the posts.
Unfortunately Blogger is being a royal ass and I've not been able to comment on any Blogger/Google blogs because it says I'm "not signed in". I'm pretty sure its trying to drive me mad.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I am so very happy & relieved that you are feeling better :-) Give me a ring or email when you have some time.
Love,
Melissa & the boys

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay - I am glad you are feeling better. Keep it that way and come back to knit when you come back to the South! :-)

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news that your anemia is about gone. I'm so glad you're finally feeling better.
BAH, health insurance companies suck. And the whole euphemism/shamefulness of menstruation is the most dumbass thing ever.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

It's real good to hear your feeling better. Hopefully, you'll be 100% soon. :)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey missy. I am glad that you are feeling better and slowly (yes, slowly) getting back on your feet. You need not rush your healing, understand!!!! :-)
I agree with you on giving blood or donating time to a charity. I can't give blood myself (veins too small, anemic), however, I do try to run and walk in all causes possible as well as fund raise for research, still just as rewarding.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home