Wednesday, September 12, 2007

so i turned myself to face me but i've never caught a glimpse of how the others must see the faker

So, here's the sweater I'm making for my friend
although I'm not sure you can see the cable braid down the sleeves. I'm done with the back, oh glorious stockinette stitch done on the Metro, whilst falling asleep on the orange line (I always get on able to get one of the last seats, aren't you jealous?).
Since the left and right front instructions are near to impossible to decipher, I start on a sleeve next.

And since I'm not sure I've mentioned it, I am leaving my safe cushy job of government contracting on Tuesday. I've contracted to the same federal government agency for the past five and a half years and it's a bit scary to move on to a new position. What if I fail? What if everyone sees me as the massive fuck-up that I really am? How have I faked it for this long? How will I fake it at a giant international government banking conglomerate that spans, oh, the whole world?

6 Comments:

Blogger Zardra said...

I've been in my new job (an actual archival position) for a month and a half. It still feels surreal. And I still get funny looks when people realize that I got the position with 2 semesters (I hope) left to my degree. That really made me feel like I maybe didn't deserve to have the job and that I have no idea what I'm doing. Thankfully, getting my first finding aid up on the Online Archive of California makes it feel more real.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Janice in GA said...

Whoa, good luck with the new gig! Hope they pay you lots of $$!

You'll do fine. It'll be weird at first, but it's always weird at first.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

No you haven't mentioned it but good luck, you'll do fine!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Restless Knitter said...

Best of luck with the new job!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

It will feel weird, but you'll do great! You're not a fuck up :)

Love,
all of us

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

If you think you're a fuckup then you obviously aren't one. Fuckups are clueless.
Banking conglomerate are full of them - I used to work for one and I was sad to learn when I went to work at a college that public education is overflowing with them. All retarded asswipes that can't read but have PhDs...

Good luck at the new gig!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home