Sunday, September 16, 2007

why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door

Most all y'all won't be interested in this questionnaire, so skip it. (I changed some things and took it out from behind the cut for now.)

Fiber Fairy Godmother Questionnaire

General Fiber Questions:
What are your fiber-related hobbies? (Knit, Crochet, Spinning, Needlepoint, etc.) - knit, crochet, some needlepoint, cross-stitch, embroidery, quilting, sewing, crewel, tatting
How long? - forever
Which are you *most* into? - knitting
How would you classify yourself in this craft - beginner, intermediate, advanced? - advanced, I guess
What is your current fiber-related obsession? - I don't really have one
What are your favorite items to make? - socks
What are you making right now? - a sweater for my friend Bill and fingerless mitts and a million other things
What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? - everything, kind of

About the fiber:
Your favorite yarn(s) (brand or type)? - I don't know that I have one. Anything wonderful.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? - acrylic tends to feel icky, and sometimes cotton feels like rope to knit with but it depends on what one it making
Is there a yarn you've been dying to try? - something made from corn? I don't know?
Are you a fiber snob? - probably.

About the tools:
Hardwood, Bamboo, Aluminum, Plastic? - depends on what I'm making.
For knitters: Straight, DPN or Circular needles? - DPNs and circulars
Favorite gadget? - swift
Anything you've been wanting to try? - ?

About you:
Do you pamper yourself? Or do you generally come last? - last, recently
What does an ideal day off/free hour consist of for you? - shopping
Are you allergic to anything? - no
What is your family situation? (Partner, spouse, kids, etc.) - undergoing a divorce
Are you owned by any pets? - we're fighting for custody of the cat
Your favorite color(s)? - weird shades of green.
Any colors you just can't stand? - I'm not big on blue
What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) - lavender
Least favorite? (Maybe you're not "allergic," but it makes you want to die) - rose
How do you feel about candy? - I'm okay with it but it's no big deal to me
Any dietary restrictions? - no
Is there anything that you collect? - cookbooks and kitchen gadgets, because I love to cook
What is your favorite holiday? - I don't really have one but maybe Halloween
Do you have an online wish list (e.g. Amazon, Things I Want)? If so, share the link. If nothing else, it will give your Godmother more ideas about your likes/dislikes. - I'll send it along later
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? - yes, it's a Mac
What kind of music do you like? -jazz, old school punk (The Clash, Ramones) and new wave
Any special requests in case your Godmother wants to make a CD for you? - no, I'm eclectic
Favorite movie(s)? - Singin' in the Rain
Any "fan" stuff? (e.g. Firefly, Wonder Woman, etc.) - not really
Anything we missed? Tell, Tell! - my yarn stash is terrifyingly huge. It's in two cities. Even I don't know what I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home