Wednesday, April 23, 2008

found my way downstairs and drank a cup and looking up i noticed i was late

6:00 am: woke up.

6:30 am: logged into work email, did work.

7:15 am: logged out of work email, realized should be on train at that moment.

8:35 am: realized should stop reading Ravelry, interwebs, Twitter, etc., and get dressed.

8:40 am: sent email to manager, promising i'd be in my 9:00 am.

9:00 am: got off couch to get dressed.

9:15 am: decided to look for clothes to wear to work.

9:30 am: realized would be in meetings with Hot Guy all day; applied makeup with a trowel to simulate drag queen.

10:00 am: got off Metro too ridiculously late to get Starbucks.

10:05 am: received phone call as walking into office from colleague in other building who suggested immediate meeting at Starbucks; told colleague she was a goddess.

11:30 am: walked back to colleague's office from Starbucks, only to encounter Hot Guy, who sits near colleague.

12:00 pm: Hot Guy interrupted meeting with colleague to discuss 1:00 meeting and flirt with me.

12:15 pm: walking outside back my office, ran into Hot Guy walking back to his office from my building. Received half-hug from Hot Guy, who insisted on having a meeting outside on sunny, lovely sidewalk, standing up, whilst touching me often, about 1:00 meeting.

12:48 pm: ran into office to read email and delegate work to colleague across the hall to prepare for 2:00 meeting. Took time to refresh lipstick application.

1:01 pm: ran into meeting room in other building, skipping lunch, in time for Hot Guy to sit next to me.

1:59 pm: walked out of meeting still in progress, being almost tackled by Hot Guy, who was trying to make me stay in meeting, to go to other meeting (in same, other building).

3:01 pm: walked to meeting room next to Hot Guy's office, outside of which Hot Guy was standing, eating cake. Discussed 1:00 meeting with Hot Guy and merits of buttercream frosting on cake. Talked so long 3:00 meeting participants yelled down the hall for me to stop talking to Hot Guy already and get my ass in meeting room.

4:15 pm: left meeting to walk into other meeting across the hall.

4:40 pm: left meeting to walk back to main building, passing Hot Guy's office. Hot Guy suggested meeting to discuss planning future meetings. Politely declined for own sanity's sake, despite continued pleasure of Hot Guy's presence. Left Hot Guy's office immediately and walked as quickly as possible back to office.

4:55 pm: ran into manager leaving building for the day, who exclaimed, "Oh! You came to work today?!? I had no idea!"

3 Comments:

Blogger SupaCindy3000 said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Colette said...

ahhh - wish I had hot guy to run into

1:44 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

I now it's an older post, but you know how I get behind on eveything.

But this sounds like my kinda day.
:)

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home