Wednesday, February 27, 2008

i don't know why but i'm tired of my mind

So I'm happily knitting alone on the Somewhat Cowl with some BEAYOOOOOOOOOUTIFUL teal Blue Sky Alpaca and Silk (from Stitch DC) and I was almost done, DONE, I tell you, with the raglan increases, we're talking about 10" of raglan increases here, when I discovered this:
Do you see it? Two stitches. Two edge stitches, about 2.5" inches down, WELL BEFORE I changed to the second ball of yarn, I somehow...just...stopped knitting them. And they weren't just hanging out loose like, that, oh no. I would have noticed that. They were somehow tangled with the row above it to HIDE the thing.

What the fuck? I realize this is the first thing I've done in awhile (I stopped knitting when I broke my ribs and injured my knee/got a hairline fracture in my patella from ice skating with Amber), but I didn't have to come back to complete and utter fucking disastrous failure, did I? Really?

One and a half hours later (exactly ten male American Idol singers, to be precise, most of whom pretty much sucked and blew goats), I had threaded my size 2 Addi Lace needles through a far, FAR lower row, rethreaded four times, and frogged.
Yeah, it's fixed, but now I have to reknit about five trapezoidal inches.

Maybe knitting just isn't for me anymore.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling.. after starting to knit again after my hand/wrist injuries EVERYTHING I've cast on has turned to shit. I've even managed to screw up what seemed to be the world's most simple hat (felicity)pattern ever. Grrr. This is why I have been doing more spinning than anything.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crochet?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

It's either your camera or that yarn is AMAZING!! The color is so BLUE. WOW.

Sorry to hear about the injury. WaWa got an offer to move to Richmond. We are considering.

Can't think of more to say but I hope you get the crafts under control.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at some page of your blog i've foud lirycs of this song: "i dont' ask for much these days..."
please, can you tell me title of it?
thx

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home