Monday, October 15, 2007

worked hard all my lifetime no help from my friends so lord won't you buy me a mercedes benz

It's been hard, trying to get my health better, going through a divorce, having some friends and family members reject me, starting a new job after almost six years at the same federal government agency, and moving to a new city all at the same time. That whole thing about not changing your entire life all at once? Yeah. Sometimes, you should. But fallout is inevitable and I suppose I've been...introspective.

So it was nice to come home tonight to a package from my fairy godmother, who turned out to be Jennifer. Jennifer is also about to change jobs, and she lives in Michigan, in a city I used to work in, back when I was in graduate school, so I feel kind of warm and fuzzy even though we've never really "met."

Anyhoo, in my package was a wonderful quilted bag that I'm sure she made herself, although it looks professionally made, because she's quite the quilter (alliteration is my friend) with candy and sweets all over it (which is great since I can't eat them so much with some of my illness precluding it nowadays but they're great to look at and think about eating in extreme moderation and all)
and inside the bag were three lovely things of yarn, all in or containing my favorite color, acidy green, aka "Jess green," and for all of which I already have projects planned, a great Frankenstein hand towel that's already in my bathroom, pixie sticks, Jelly Bellys, bath gel, lotion, an emory board from an LYS (? - although useful) and a case with makeup brushes, because she somehow knew that aside from yarn, I spend all of my money on makeup.
Thank you so much, Jennifer! This really perked me up. I can't wait to knit with the yarns, none of which I've ever used before. I'm so excited! (Although I don't have, you know, a decent camera, or adequate lighting in my abode, so sorry I can't take better pictures.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Petersson said...

Read your comment on my blog. Regia has advertised this yarn in Interweave, Vogue knitting etc. so you should be able to find it. What patterns did you have in Swedish and Icelandic? Sounds interseting...

Ása Lóa aka mrs Petersson

9:47 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

What a great care package! I'm really sorry that things suck(ed) but I'm hoping that everything gets better for you soon. I just bought a really cool skein of purple & acid green sock yarn.. let me find the link and I'll send it along to you for when you get some yarn money.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Love the new bag! You and I both love bags and this is a real keeper. Oh and pixie sticks??? Yum. Like pop rocks only without the pop. What a good fairy godmother to have! Miss hearing from you. Did you get the Andrew photos modeling the hat? feel free to post

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home