Sunday, September 23, 2007

she said wait a minute honey i'm gonna add it up

So I finished the sleeve, with like, seven different shoulder techniques, the saddle-set-in-drop-raglan-cap sleeve
and so I started on the front. So let's look at the math here.

I worked 2.5" of ribbing, for a total of 2.5".

The pattern then said to work stockinette stitch until the piece measured 3".

So I proceeded to work an additional 3" of stockinette stitch, for now a total of 5.5".

The pattern then said to said some stitches on a holder, and work until the piece measured 9".

So I proceeded to work an additional 9" of stockinette stitch, for now a total of 14.5".

Does anyone else see the error in my math, here? Anyone?

I'd like to point out that I was doing this today, while sitting at Stitch DC, talking to Jess and Not Jess, and nobody caught my mistake, especially not me. (I blame only myself for this.) And I just finished this sort of complicated pocket left front piece and combined all of these pieces together and worked all the way up to the 14.5" until I realized my mistake, that I just knit way the fuck fucking more than I fucking needed to and this whole fucking thing looked longer than it should have the entire fucking time fucking anyway fuck fuck fuck cocksucking fuck fuck me fuck.

FUCK.

I now have 196 yards of Aurora 8 to frog.

Oh yeah.

FUCK.

5 Comments:

Blogger emy said...

Happens to me at least one time or the other.

You have my sympathy :P
I'm sure you will recover.

8:40 AM  
Blogger pia said...

oh man. I hate it when i do that (which I have.) I send you my sympathy. On another note, I do love that cable sleeve.
Hope to knit with you soon! ~Pia

10:17 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

that sucks donkey balls.

happy frogging! (ducks)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you needed such close supervision, sweetie.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Stellina said...

oh noooo i hate when that happens, i hate frogging...

thanks for your comment. it's slightly blocked but some more blocking "could" fix it. i am adding some decorative edging and that should really do the trick and make it look more flattering

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home