Saturday, February 19, 2005

the blogger and the bitch: a fairy tale

Once upon a time there was a disgusting trend of memes on blogs.

/meem/ n. An element of a culture or system of behaviour that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by non-genetic means, especially imitation.

Despite this trend not coming close to the best meme ever, it ran rampant among knitting blogs.

However, one lucky blogger did not get tagged with any meme whatsoever.

Until yesterday, when the most colossal bitch from hell tagged me with one just because I actually told the truth about her being too lazy to knit dishcloths while everyone else was coddling her whining ass.

Being a play-by-the-rules kinda gal...

And being that it's Rabbitch...

And being that it's knitting related...

And being that this was initially begun by kitten, I feel an affinity to this, so I will continue it.

Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?

English, although I learned Continental one day because I was bored, and then I learned it again because I wanted to see if it was actually faster to do fair isle that way. It wasn't, for me.

How long ago did you learn to knit?

24 years ago. I will be 31 in a few months. You do the math.

Who taught you how?

First, my father's second cousin Helen. Then I learned the finishing touches from two women, Lois and Norma, Lois was selling her yarn store to Norma. As far as I know, Norma still owns the yarn store (in Saratoga Springs, New York). Third, myself.

What was your first FO?

A blue vest for my Cabbage Patch Kid, out of Yarn Brunswick Germantown. I moved on to outfits and then Barbie doll outfits.

Favourite yarn?

What the fuck is with the Eurotrash/ Canadian spelling here? It's FAVORITE.

Currently it's Lobster Pot cashmere, because it feels wonderful to knit this really boring Aran scarf, even in obnoxious pink. But the stupid Stitch DC people haven't sent the last skein even after two weeks...so maybe it's making me mad. But I have some in a great shade of blue.

Favourite pattern you've knit so far?

I made a great Aran sweater for my stepfather, in Germantown. I rather liked it despite the numerous mistakes still in it. I like it much better than the came-out-perfectly sleeveless top I made for myself in Silk Garden and Cash Iroha last summer. I guess because it took me eight months to make?

Favourite Pattern Source?

Weird question. Internet? Books? Do they mean something specific like Magknits? Knitty? I like patterns that are classic, yet unique. They're oddly hard to find, so I find them whereever I can, which is everywhere.

Favourite Needles?

Inox circulars, although I usually use Addi Turbos because they're easier to find. I like the points on Inox better. In any case, I need circulars.

Nicest thing you've ever knit?

Well, I've done better on more recent projects, but I might not prefer them as much as earlier projects. Although this annoying Aran scarf will actually be beautiful when it's completed. I also liked a pink baby sweater with white bunny buttons and matching white bunny slippers for a newborn, and a purple cardigan with a variegated rainbow edging on the sleeves and collar and dinosaur buttons for a four-year old.

Most hated project?

The intarsia fish baby sweater currently in progress and a peach baby afghan made when I was ten years old.

Who are you going to pass this on to?

Hrm. Carrie? Lauren? Janice? Feel free to answer or not if you so desire. The only reason I did respond was that this was actually related to knitting.

The long story of the past two completely insane days to come this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

I like my new title, thank you.

And I finished a dish cloth tonight at work, I'll have you know!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home