Thursday, February 17, 2005

news news news

First, thanks for the support for Birdie. She got an Award of Merit! Yay! You can see her (if you dare) in the video for 15" beagles. She's #6, being handled by Michael Scott.

Second, while I was out tonight, The Man Who Shall Soon Be Alone in the House took a phone call from the new boss. I passed the background check, so I guess they didn't search very thoroughly into my background. In any event, after a terrible day where I had a sniping email fight with Napoleon over my being allowed to take a few hours next week to go to the dentist, despite my having the time to take and there being full staff in the office, this came as a welcome relief.

The Man even spoke on the phone with the new boss (although he didn't actually give his name and since I refer to him as The Man Who Lives in the House to the new boss as well, the new boss asked me if he actually had a real name). This a rarity, as if anyone out there actually meets The Man in person, you will be shocked that I have deigned to marry the personality-less wonder of the world. Why? Because he is painfully shy and won't speak unless he has known you for six hours. So if you meet him for fifteen minutes one day, you have five hours and forty-five minutes to go.

Now, going back to a previous topic, I get to GIVE MY ACTUAL NOTICE TOMORROW. Since I am now in what can actually be called a Hostile Work Environment, I plan on giving it directly to HR and not to Napoleon, who has now not spoken to me for two straight weeks. I also plan on telling HR that since they leaked confidential information to him one month early, that I am not beholden to their "two week notice" policy as written in the Employee Manual (and as it is written it is a "request" and not a requirement, anyway).

Wish me luck.

Next time, pictures and the story of the wings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

I like the dog although I'm amazed that people actually ... you know ... well ...

What can I say? I have cats. Cat. Scabby cat, minus one incisor, at that.

I sent you a meme. Go do it. AFTER you quit in a spectacular manner.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

You really must leave with a flourish. There used to be a candy store over on Peachtree that made anatomically correct chocolates. Maybe one wrapped real pretty for Napolean would be a good parting "gift." Best of luck on your new job.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home