Thursday, June 02, 2005

i love paris in the springtime...

That Paris Hilton Carl's Jr. commercial has served the purpose of getting the Cole Porter song "I Love Paris" stuck in my head. The cold and rainy unseasonable Atlanta weather is only solidifying its presence in my brain.

So, the marvelous Colette emailed me some pictures from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Orgy. Colette seemingly has a knack for taking the far and above absolutely worst pictures of me ever taken. Here we have me talking to the Harlot:
Can there be a worse picture? Oh, yes, there can.
This was me buying that wonderful alpaca cape. And then there's the picture of me posted on Colette's blog.

Enough about that. Clearly, I am not photogenic. My "cool hair" never comes through in pictures, so it even looks semi-organized here, and not like the streaky Raggedy Ann-esque mop that it is.

And I bought so much stuff at MD S&WO that I had to dump a slew of it on Beth's shoulders to ship to me in Atlanta. The remainder is in DC, because I couldn't bring it back here on my own. But if I ever get it together, you'll get a peek.

The Ram Wools people have NOT sent me my yarn for this yet, either.

I believe there's a conspiracy against me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I propose that next year, we have an Atlanta knitters road trip to MS&W. I, for one, am really tired of missing all the fun and then having to see it on the internet. NOT FAIR!! But I'm glad you got to go, and hope you are back to knitting soon.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

I think this is a wonderful idea ! Maybe by next year, I will be a knitter too ?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

I personally don't let anyone take pictures of me that would ever be circulated in public. But, if I had a pic taken with the Harlot, oh I would show it to EVERYONE! You are lucky to have met her. I love her book so much. I am glad you got to go and have fun!
:)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home