Saturday, November 12, 2005

they're gonna put it down and step outside into the lights right outta that ship saying hi

Am I in a Pixies rut? Oh well, if you don't like it, don't read my titles.

This particular post title comes to me because the song "The Happening" is about aliens landing outside of Vegas. Similarly, yesterday, I discovered that knit bloggers do exist outside of the virtual world of the Internet.

Just when I was thinking to myself, "Gee, I haven't been to Dunwoody Yarn in over a year, and I really need more size 2 DPNs, because six sets aren't nearly enough," I was in the neighborhood. As I drove there, still hungover, wearing the Sex Mitts, I pondered upon the fact that I met Janice there, right after I had read her blog for the first time, and that I hadn't seen Janice in awhile. I went in, poked around, got ready to check out, turned around...and there was Janice! She was cheating on her own LYS by coming in, and we spent some time being catty about the designs in the new Sally Melville book (Color? My Dog, there are some hideous things in there). I neglected to remember that I had a camera phone with me until I left, but I did catch this photographic evidence of Janice's existence in my proximity from my car:
So I did finish a project using the pluckyfluff that I think I am going to give to someone, and maybe I'll show a picture eventually, and I did figure out the lace pattern for the sock, but tinking doesn't work for me with lace; I am incapable of figuring out lace patterns backwards. I worked up a new sample and swatched it about fifty times until I got it to what my sock looks like. Now I have my lace pattern written down and the sock is close to being completed, but I am working on rockstar for a holiday gift for someone so who knows when the socks will get done now. This starting and completing projects in a short period of time is a novelty for me.

Off to DC tomorrow at the crack of dawn, to my furniture-less apartment in the sky...

2 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Thanks for watching the cat! I want to see the pluff-thingy. Miss you:)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Colette said...

You've probably seen this site, but if not: http://www.theanticraft.com/this.htm

Have fun.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home