Friday, February 24, 2006

guy you've finished the booze and you run out of speed but the wild side of life is the one that we need

I have FINISHED! Donedonedonedonedone. My boiled bucket of wet goat's ass is currently stinking up the guest bedroom and blocking unevenly with quilting pins jammed haphazardly into my carpet. It's crooked and the edges are scalloped and I don't give a shit, I am done. Seven of Nine is about 51" long, and I planned for 50" so it works for me. Longer would look odd, I think. I have enough Cracksilk Haze left to do the little lacy scarf in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. When Seven is done blocking, she is going to go to Stitch DC (if they want it after the crap blocking job I did) to preen and so as not to be wasted in a drawer until next xmass.

Other things I did this week:

1. I took down my xmass tree. Shut up. SOMEONE I know had hers up so long that she she finally took it down in July, the UPS guy commented, "Hey, you took your tree down." Or was it August? V?

2. I went to Trixie's because she's in DC for a month and I met the rat guy and the guy got a dead rat from the trap and stuck it into a transparent Publix grocery bag and was whipping it about while he was talking to me and I could see the dead ratness outlined through the bag.

3. I started on another hunter orange hat for someone I work with.

4. I sent my Fairy Godmother final package out.

5. I got a package from someone, I don't have the card in front of me to say who now. I'll put up pics and acknowledgements later.

6. I got a package from Imbrium. I feel compelled to use the tacky goodness in a cocksucking intarsia project. Gonna think about that. I'll also post pictures later.

7. I referred to my work to my boss as a bucket of boiled ass. It netted some deep silence as that was processed.

8. I got someone to my blog from a Google search of "i'm so extreme ninja" - that's a perfect description of me, thank you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm..tacky, fluffy cocksucking intarsia...

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was April. There's more. The UPS guy was Jamaican, and we were getting alot of packages then, mostly music and computer parts. About the second week of April when the tree came down, guy shows up with weekly package, and in a very wounded and very Jamaican accent, said "Ohhh, you took down the treee. Why you take down treee? Is only Aaapril." Imagine the lilt and the mock forlornness. Priceless.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photo please! Yay for finishing!

Your package is on the way too so keep an eye out for it!

FG

2:59 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Sometime before your next performance review, change it to "a side of barbequed ass."

That sounds like it could almost be a compliment...

1:56 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Congrats! I bet it is lovely, lovely, lovely.
Pretty, even.
:)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Hey there! I'm another Trixie (in Oklahoma -- (Trixie's Home) ) who happened to stumble across your blog because of Trixie in Transit. She found my blog and posted, and I got hooked on reading hers. I'm also a knitter so I just had to check out some of her links and found you.

All I can say is you are a hella good friend if you went to her house to let the rat guy take his kill. I don't know if I have any friends of that caliber.

I'd love to see your latest project too -- I'm intrigued just from the name!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home