Thursday, April 06, 2006

black is the color of my true love's hair

Have you ever been in a situation where you woke up and got yourself ready and went somewhere like, say, the car dealership so your car could get a checkup and you went into the bathroom to wash your hands and looked up and oh my FSM your hair looks like a wig? Not like, ewww, lookit my hair, it's more like, huh, my hair looks like it's sitting unattached to the top of my head.

And since you're at the car dealership it's not like you can go anywhere (even though you're starving and it's 7:45 AM and all they have is weak coffee and you know there's a bagel place next to the Starbucks and the new tea shop just down the street but even though it takes about 1.2 minutes to drive there, it's like an 8 hour walk so, uh, no, you won't be walking there anytime soon, and you're wondering if the Toyota dealership, which is naturally across the street from the Honda dealership, gives away doughnuts and should you walk across the busy street during rush hour or just wait until, umm, they get done with your car, which they won't do until they've tried to sell you "Replace the air in your tires with nitrogen!" at least three times, so you're in for the long haul) and fix your hair.

And you left your knitting at home in your haste to pack your (brand spanking new!) computer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Okay - maybe not the EXACT same situation, but I've certainly been in a similar one. Kind of sucks, doesn't it?!?

Are you going to MS&W this year? I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to do. It'd be great to see you if you're going. Let me know, m'kay!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not quite like that, but I have walked into the bathroom at work, looked in the mirror, and thought "my god...did I rinse the conditioner out of my hair last night?"

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I've wondered who the hair stuck on my head actually belongs to sometimes.. because I have days where it has an entirely different personality.

12:25 PM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

No.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Norah said...

I know what you mean. My hair always looks like that.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Here's my current hair situation. My natural color is a dishwater blond, and my dyed color is a dark red. I've got about an inch or more root showing, which makes my hair look like it's floating above my scalp.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home