Tuesday, March 21, 2006

come on board i promise you you won't hurt the horse we treat him well we feed him well there's lots of room for you on the bandwagon

Okay, peeps, it was an easy thing when there was one Anonymous posting, because I knew it was Vitriola, and when Sarah was being all secretive and stuff, and I even know when other people post comments telling me to shut up and calling me a bitch, but now I'm confused. And I'm a stone's throw away from moving my blog, I await only my new computer and the time to do the design etc. etc. so it isn't worth my upgrading to Haloscan yet.

In any event, I still welcome your comments, all of them, on the previous post. Even when you post as Anonymous and I have no idea who you are. It's something I have to think long and hard about. The Man Who Lives in the House...let's just say he's not much help.

Yesterday evening, I got my first Rockin' Sock Club package and yeah, the yarn is nice and yeah, I'll make that sock pattern, but the very best part about it is this
The emergency sock yarn keychain. Penny included for scale. I'm itching to make socks. Well, I've been making them, of course, but I'm itching to make these socks. I did finish the ones I started last year for Enabling Alcoholic my MIL and I finally got around to sending them to her.
Regia something or other. Yarn purchased from Herrschner's or Cast on Cottage or someplace else long ago. Pattern my own design using techniques in the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook (?) and Folk Socks.

So, there's a nice boring post, which I will finish with the JenLa meme.

1. A blog which that you think people have not discovered.

Unnnnnngh. I hate these. I feel like there's a right or wrong answer. People, I know some of you read my blog, but if you don't comment, I can't read yours. Hypocritically, I almost never comment, because I am a loser and a geek and a nerd and I have nothing to say that anyone wants to hear anyway.

Conversely, if you do comment, I *can* read your blog. That is how I discovered Ann and Wandering Cyberspace through the Cornfields. She's always full of wisdom when commenting on my blog, and I enjoy her posts (even if I don't comment, sorry, my bad, see the part above where I refer to myself as a loser, etc.).

2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative.

I think the person who lives closest to me physically is Melissa at la la la. She also works around the corner from me.

3. An unusual or weird animal picture.

Imbrium's cat pope hat on Nerd Knits.


4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers.

A little over a year ago, Janice in GA from Knitting, with Dogs won some Karabella Lace Mohair from me from a blog contest. I met her at the SnB one night to give her her prize, and a few days later, she posted this. It still makes me laugh out loud.

5. An idea you wish you’d thought of.

Rabbitch's putting the word "ass" in front of any other word to make a new word (e.g., assferret, assmonkey, assbeagle, asstrumpet) or combining it in a phrase (e.g., bucket of boiled ass).

6. Something you’d like to knit.

The Alien Scarf from Stitch 'n' Bitch that Hockey Mom made. Hockey Mom, your pictures aren't up anymore. I'm thinking Karabella Aurora 8. Except I lost my copy of the book.

7. A picture of something you consider beautiful

The plum blossoms on Quiddity by Jane. Actually, all of Jane's photographs are beautiful.


8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person

That would be JenLa. I had plans to drink and knit and have a slumber party, complete with pillows fights and talking about boys, with Jen, but then she totally blew me off to go to LA. Feh. I'm trying not to take that one personally, Jen. (Also, since JenLa does have two authors, La, naturally I'd give my left tit to meet you as well.)

9. A blog of someone you have already met in person.

Mouse from Knotty Mouse. And we IM more often than we (I) ought to, but she helps me keep a semblance of sanity by letting me vent. Thank you, Mouse.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

Glad to know I keep SOMEONE sane! I'm super jealous of the mini-STR skeins showing up in blogland and SO sorry that I didn't sign up for that club thingie. Ah well. Will we see you this week at SNB?
(and why the hell are my verification 'words' always so goddamned long?)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Thanks for the compliment. And I have met Jen. nah nahnee boo boo

9:07 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

ok, i resent that remark! i comment! how else did you know to send me that luscious alpaca (which i've got knit up,a nd as soon as i can get off my ass and take a pic, i'll post it to my blog), or for me to send you Godiva? and i LOVE your drunken blogging, lol

9:50 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Fixed my pics. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

Coming to see us this week?? Hmmm????

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Is this my 15 minutes of fame???? CALL LARRY KING! Thanks for the mention.

:o)

Ann

10:54 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Someone lives closer to you than I do? Really?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Isadora can't read...or even recognize pictures of herself. She'd be mortified to know that I've embarrassed her so publicly.

But that's the fun of pets, no? Knitting goofy little things and making your pets model them. :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

My favorite thing from the STR package was also the "mini-me" yarn. Now what the hell do I do with it?

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home