Tuesday, March 14, 2006

no we're never gonna quit ain't nothing wrong with it just acting like we're animals

So I taught (reminded) a co-worker how to knit last month, and I gave her 1.5 skeins of Wool-ease Thick and Quick and had her go to town on a nice garter stitch scarf with ten stitches. And I asked her a few times how it was going and she was non-committal and I figured she wasn't happy. She told me this week that she was ready to end it, so we met for lunch today. And I pulled the scarf out of the plastic bag. And it was eight feet long.
Note that it's pretty much touching the floor on each side of her. And she loves it. And laughed hysterically at my reaction. And she's ready for her next project. So, if you're working at my LYS of choice, I need to get yarn before we meet for umm, falafel?

Oh, and to the comments I got about my hair: it is straightened. You don't even want to see it frizzy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking over the world, one knitter at a time. Can you imagine what a wonderful place the world would be, if everyone knit?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8ft long . . . I would have given up after about 2' of garter stitch. Cool that you are teaching/reminding people how to knit.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Way to go B-Girl! You rock the knit. We gals love it long, don't we (wink wink)...I will be in on Monday and will personally want to inspect said scarf.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home