Thursday, March 02, 2006

why can't i get just one fuck why can't i get just one fuck

To the person who reached my blog by typing, "fuck alamance county in north carolina," I feel the same way. Oh, wait, if you were trying to get a fuck, might I recommend a certain someone at a gas station there? Dude, at least you could try adultfriendfinders. When they say head shots, they MEAN head shots.

So, does anyone know how to get broken snowglobe glitter out of fabulous umm...wet sheep and rabbit moldy smelling yarn from New Zealand?

Sarah, my incredibly awesome Fiber Fairy Godmother, who enjoys my drunken blogging, I have to tell you, I laughed. Here I get a package from New Zealand, I saw the return address and knew it was you and you were my FG, and it's a plastic waterproof envelope sealed up tight, and then I opened it up and everything was wet. First, there was this beautiful but soggy postcard (and the picture isn't showing up) and then there was this red yarn, so soft and uh, wet, and please please let me know what it is!
and then this brown yarn, I think it's called "Naturally Sensation" that is 70% merino and 30% angora, SO incredibly wonderful and wet and smelly and covered in glitter
and then there was this chocolate that I will be breaking into as soon as I get back from the gym tonight
and then the most wonderful snowglobe of a sheep which so sadly broke in transit and alas, such was my chance to get a snowglobe of New Zealand, somewhere I have no snowglobe from (and the picture isn't showing up) I cannot wait to use my goodies, and eat my chocolate, and uh, seriously, does anyone know how to get broken snowglobe glitter out of wet smelly yarn from New Zealand? And while we're at it, how should I dry it out?

7 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Girl that really blows! I can't believe that your cool NZ sheep snow globe died in transit. This is really sad. Damn postal crazies!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Premise 1: Snowglobe glitter falls to the bottom of snowglobes.

Premise 2: Wool sort of floats.

So, get a large container... something the yarn could sort of float in without touching the bottom. Wash the yarn... gently swirl, perhaps, to dislodge glitter from the yarn, being careful not to felt it, of course. If my premises are correct the glitter should fall to the bottom of the container. *crosses fingers*

For some reason your title reminds me of the rabbit video for "Everybody has had more sex than me."

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! That's so sad...poor little sheepy snowglobe.

I would think that Zardra's suggestion would work...it might require a little patience. Good luck!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

SO ANNOYED! the angora/merino isn't brown, it's purple, hopefully you'll discover that as it dries!

The red stuff is I think 70% wool 30% tencel. I just discovered it in this yarn shop I don't go into very often, if you like it I can get more, it didn't cost very much.

I'm such an idiot for not wrapping it all up better.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Micky said...

Aw man. Hope all the glitter gets out and it dries out fine. I am still mesmerized by that silver Knitters Fix package. Maybe that's the idea.
:)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

FSM, I haven't heard that song in about 10 years. Now it's going to be in my head for a good week...

Sorry about the snow globe :-(

3:16 PM  
Blogger emy said...

That sounds bad. Hope you feel better and your yarns can be salvaged.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home