Tuesday, February 28, 2006

distort the news feed us your views i'm not fooled so easily

But I apparently can fool others easily. And I swore I wasn't succeeding.

My Fiber Goddaughter was Melissa (as in crazycatladymel, not Melissa who lives in Marietta (and I have something for you, Melissa) or Melissa who is my first cousin and has the cutest kids ever (and I have something for you, Melissa, and I apologize for being so disorganized as to never send it out in, like, a year). So I was so convinced that Melissa would know it was me so I did things like when I sent her the bee tape measure I then asked as myself, Hey, can you ask your FG where you got that? Subtle, huh? It apparently did fool her, though, and you can see what I sent her here.

I got a package from Bethanie and I can't show you the picture I took of it because I cannot find it. I am the worst organized person ever. And therefore, I'm a records manager. Yeah, it all makes sense now. Anyway, Bethanie sent me some Jo Sharp DK Cotton, a wonderful watermelon pot holder, and strawberry lip gloss. Yum. I'm thinking hard about what to do with the cotton.

And Imbrium sent me some red and black swag for the Rocky Horror quote I knew. And I can't find that picture, either. *sigh*

I've been progressing on the Bohus-lite sweater from Handknit Holidays. I'm past the bottom ribbing band. You might think this is no big deal but with the tubular CO and two rows of tubular stockinette (and why is it called stockinette when it clearly creates a ribbing pattern? Why can't it be called tubular ribbing?) and then six rows of fiddly crossed ribbing, getting to the stockinette section is no mean feat.

And then, I realized.

I have three WIPs now. One, the Morehouse Merino Melody shawl, is endless rounds of stockinette. I'm thinking of frogging and using the laceweight merino giant ball for something else. One, the silk camisole, is endless rounds of stockinette. I'll get through it, eventually. And now I'm on the endless rounds of stockinette section of this sweater.

I don't know that I prefer knitting in the round over piecing. Because it seems to move MUCH more slowly. I am never going to be done.

Oh, and of the yarn I chose for the yoke of the sweater, which happened when I might have been drinking, maybe, and it's all in Blue Sky Alpaca, one of the skanks is just plain fug. It's fug with the rest of the sweater and I'm not sure I like it on its own. It's a mud olivey green-brown that does NOT go with the rest no matter what color combination I use.

Edited to add:
Oh yeah, and Jane and Janice, ummm....the lime greens and plums are, like, my signature colors. I even have lime green on the sweater I'm making, and the Melody Shawl is lime green. I'm all about lime green. It's not a conspiracy, just me quietly trying to force the world to come to the dark side of weird greens, one knit at a time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

I really like the "sugarplum sweater" from Hand Knit Holidays.. can't wait to see your version.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three endless stockinette projects? Ew. Time for cables, or more lace, or something.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Organization of photos - easy. Go to Google and get Picasa. Clicky click and install on computer. Instant photo finding program. Excellent. Of course, if you haven't put your photos on the computer, I can't help you at all.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I'm totally going to sleep with* that yarn. I loved it all, and you totally fooled me!

*Maybe configure it into a rag doll shape and just hug it. Or leave it as is and hug it. Nothing dirty.

3:14 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

if ya don't want the fugly yarn, i'll take it. i'll use it for A4A (they need dirt colors)

10:28 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

and you'd do that for someone who sent you godivas, right?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Woohoo! I'm in your blog :-) Thanks for the compliment about the kids, I think they are pretty cute too. Comes from our amazing side of the family, I think.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home