Monday, March 13, 2006

this is a song about 16 year old girls giving carnies head for free rides and hits of pot

Yeah, I know if you're reading this post you probably haven't read the one I wrote four hours ago, below this one, but Jess said she looked forward to my drunk blogging and even though I had been drinking when I wrote yesterday's post, I had only two beers, and now I've had like 14 or something so I'm slightly more uh. Drunkish. Drunkenish? I was at Trixie's last night in Virginia and we drank a little tiny bit and watched really weird reality tv featuring dwarves and freaky cultish Mormons who home-schooled their 16 (!) children and built their own homes and I finished this sock
and if you think it's easy to code html when you're drinkenish you're so fucking wrong, it'snot.

But so I was regaling Jess with the story of the Carnival of Death and she said it wasn't clear that the carnival was like 100 feet from the front entrance of the K-Mart so I thought I'd make that clear and she also said she's never seen a strip mall parking lot carnival and how is that possible? I leave the vote you all y'all, have you seen carnivals of death or have you never heard of them? And then she told me all about the Montgomery (MD) County Fair and we decided we must go on pain of death this year and she said the Gravitron played Bon Jovi and dude, Vitriola, can you just picture Kym M. trying to commit suicde by plastic spork in the cafeteria because she'd heard from a friend of a friend that Jon Bon Jovi had AIDS? We also played Mad Libs and I suck at reading them when the story ends up being about a runny honeymoon in sore-covered Mexico where the evening is spent on the toilet.

And I staggered home after I disovered there's a place with a signthat reads "Falafel Fries" and that makes me so happy and I staggered being thinker than I drunk I was and saw the neatly lined up cocksucking intarsia Burning Down the Huddle House on ym bed and I just want to stay up all night knitting more of it while listening to Kanye West. Is that wrong?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, for a second there I thought you were saying that people who have 16 kids, build their own homes, and finish socks are weird. I was about to agree with you. That may just be because I am "finish" challenged.

Amanda
http://myonlysunshine.typepad.com

9:58 AM  
Blogger jodi said...

Hah. I used a line from that same song for a title once and I'm pretty sure nobody got it.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

We didn't call them Carnivals of Death, but oh yeah, carnivals in Kmart and Mall parking lots (esp. the latter) spring up all the time. They have one in the parking lot of the Silverdome (where the Detroit Lions used to play).

My favorite one was on a lot behind the post office in my little town. There was no parking, and it was not easy to find. And oh, how creepy! But a lot of fun.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I wasn't aware that Carnivals of Death were set up anywhere buy K-Mart or small mall parking lots!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, we are aware of the Carnivals of Death. I'm not sure I've actually been to one, but I've driven past dozens of them.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Hi. Me here.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Yup, I've seen Carnivals of Death... the most recent one I saw was in a church parking lot.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home