Monday, March 13, 2006

can someone help me i think that i'm lost here lost in a place called america

Ugh. Too much going on in my life right now. Can't handle it. Do I drink another beer right now (chocolate stout) or drink plum green tea (made up my own recipe)? Do I dare to eat a peach? I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.

So, the wonderful yet anti-Semitic Eliot aside (shall I part my hair behind?), I decided today that my hair looks like a helmet. In a bad way. In the Sally Field in Steel Magnolias way. It needs to be three inches shorter to be Louise Brooks and three inches longer to be Bettie Page. Incidentally, two of the hottest women ever to live. I'd like to think that were I alive in the 1920s or Lulu alive and in her heyday today, she's go for me. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? When you're obsessed with flappers, finding one who's bi is perhaps not overly difficult, but still. I mean, there's always Tallulah Bankhead. But I've been told I have way more of a Tallulah personality by someone recently, and that I was Tallulah more than Lulu or Clara except I still look like Clara, my hair is naturally frizzy and red.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, my hair.

3 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

ummm, time for a straightening? purple dye? SOMETHING? nah, jsut kidding, it could be much much worse. you could have a beehive (shudder). and i love your drunken posting as well, the cocksucking intarsia cracks me up, particularly the bit about the strap on. does it vibrate?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Frank just asked "When is that picture from? I don't remember you having your hair that short?" He's sitting across the room on the couch. Guess there is a famly resemblance...

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that time I got my hair cut when I was 13 and they made me look like a lightbulb, and I never went to another hairdresser? 2 weeks ago, after 19 years of abstinence, I got a very expensive and nice haircut. That I have no idea how to style, but looks ok anyway.

I think you called me and were drunk, but the message was garbled.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home