Monday, April 03, 2006

who disturbs our meditation as the pebble disturbs the stillness of the pond

So. I knit on the toe-up sock and oh my fucking FSM it looks like ass.
Yeah, about one minute after that the toe-up sock was no more. I conceded that I could have finished it, had I wanted to. I see no reason to do so. It sucks. The pattern sucks, the directions on methods to do it suck, and it ladders like you wouldn't fucking believe. Ahem. I am not a novice knitter, and I haven't found something yet that I couldn't do. But that doesn't mean I have to do everything. I think I'll do this pattern. It'll look cool, I think, in the red and white stripiness.

I'm about to give up on Rockstar. It's too much of a pain in the ass. The silk camisole is endless round of stockinette and I only have 11 inches of 14.5 inches done. And the silk is snagging on my desperately-in-need-of-a-manicure nails.

Feh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zardra said...

Have you heard back from Blue Moon yet? I skimmed the pattern, and it looks like, if you just go by gauge and stitches cast on, that a medium is 7.5 inches around and a large is 8.7 inches around. This of course means that I have no idea which size to make for myself because the last time I measured my foot it was 8 inches around exactly. So, I could make a snug sock or a big sock... *gah*

I do have to admit that this isn't as bad as the mystery sock pattern I got from, um, well, I can't remember, but the difference between the medium size and the large size was 4 stitches with a gauge of 8 stitches per inch, and the large was going to be at least an inch too small for my foot. That's when I wrote my first sock pattern cause I didn't want to deal with trying to modify the pattern that came with the yarn...

Okay, I'm going to go do some more drinking. *grin*

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tee hee! Those slinky socks are great!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home