Thursday, April 27, 2006

outside the trains don't run on time

Why is MARTA so much fucking less efficient or able to, you know, actually work than Metro? Ridership on public transportation is up in every single city other than Atlanta. I took MARTA two days ago to meet someone downtown. I was working on being there about 25 minutes early, and it was rush hour so I figured hey, the trains run every seven minutes, good to go, I get to the station, get on the already jam-packed train, and...we sit. And sit. And sit. And..well, you get the picture. Thirty minutes later, with no announcements from anyone, ever, we left. Got halfway to the next station, and...we stopped.

I ended up being 15 minutes late to my meeting. Thanks, MARTA!

Speaking of being late, Ms. Karida has a new blog. Check it out. And I'll add you, Karida, to my sidebar, when, you know, I get around to adding you. And Mouse. And like, everyone else. And deleting people. And stuff.

So, like, a year or so from now?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Public transportation scares me. I like my car.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

One of these days.. lol Public transportation in Pennsylvania was also like a legal form of gambling.. figuring out HOW late you would be depending on what bus you got on.. or if it would even decide to stop and pick you up. The only public trans. that was ever reliable that I've seen was in Boulder Colorado. You could go from Denver to skiing in the mountains and never get off the bus.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Norah said...

That sucks. Public transportation can be a pain in the ass sometimes.....

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home