Tuesday, April 18, 2006

time to walk time to run time to aim your arrows at the sun

I'm not sure I'm ready to share this news yet with the world, but, umm. Here goes.

I got a new job.

It's the job I was kvetching about last month. The one I saw as not enough of a challenge. The one I decided to turn down.

The one that requires me to be in DC full time.

I was offered it on Thursday and I accepted it and I started it yesterday, technically. I have a transition period of about six weeks before I am expected to be full time in DC.

No, I'm not moving. I'll stay at the same place I stay at when I'm in DC. I'll commute home on weekends or every other weekend or something. My marriage will either survive or it won't. If it doesn't, it'll be because of bigger problems than my working in another city.

Wish me luck.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Good luck with your new job! I hope you'll get back to Atlanta during the week sometimes, and will be able to join us at S&B. And bring your YM magazine!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Colette said...

Good luck on the new job - I'm glad you made the decision to go for it!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I wish you all the luck in the world, sweetie.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Good luck!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

A gazillion tons of luck to you.... enjoy those weekends!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Good for you! I am very proud of your brave and bold mood. Congratulations!

Ann

10:03 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow - that is big news! Here's wishing you luck and other good vibes on the new job ::raises glass::

10:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations on the new job! We all wish you the best of luck!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

Good luck kiddo, we are all behind you!!!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and best wishes on your new job. You took a huge and bold step and I am proud of you. I am sure that all will work out in your marriage. Maybe, he will want to move up there with you. :-)

1:05 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

if it makes you happy, then what the hell!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

Congrats and good luck.. (I thought I responded to this, but I must have been dreaming it)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Norah said...

Good luck on the new job! How exciting!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home