Friday, September 29, 2006

well if i go down dying you know she's bound to put a blanket on my bed

So The General said, "Please mail this CD. I am not giving you supplies. I don't know where to get supplies. Please don't ask me any questions about supplies or anything else. I just want it done" and he handed me a CD-R that was buck naked, no envelope, jewel case, padded envelope, padded cell, nothing, so I scrounged and scavenged and scurried about and stole a jewel case from a co-worker and an envelope from the same coworker and found some old plastic CVS shopping bags and wrapped it up but it still wasn't cushioned enough, what to use, what to use? No bubble wrap in sight. Hey, some leftover yarn! I'll wrap it around the case!

And so, it was adequately cushioned.

Do we need to discuss why I had yarn at work?

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Isn't there an admin for that sort of thing? I mean, I get handed all kinds of crap people refuse to do themselves...make trip reservations, cancel trip reservations, send a CD to a client who's gotten that exact CD 5 times already, not to mention it's a small enough file that it could be emailed.

Once, one of them printed off an email he'd received & asked me to scan it & email it to someone else. (I'll let you ponder that for a sec). I walked away and told him I wasn't doing anything else for him that week.

And I have yarn at work, too, not that I ever have even a remote chance of knitting while babysitting the office.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

No reason to discuss having yarn at work. *glances at ball on the floor next to chair* None at all.

Now, I would like to be there when the receiver opens that package. I think it would be great to see their reaction to yarn as packing material. :)

5:53 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yarn at work? That's unusual? Don't most people walk around with alpaca fuzz on their black pants after lunch time knitting.

I really do need to pack a lint roller in my knitting bag...people are beginning to think I am shedding or molting..or maybe just crazy?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

I think that the real question is why you would use yarn to wrap up something that some manchild who's to fucking arrogant to learn how to mail his own shit wanted you to take care of?

Because really. That's just wrong.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

And that's "too" fucking arrogant. I hate it when people don't know the difference. Hell, I deleted a blog from my sidebar 'cause someone couldn't tell one from the other.

So now I shall go sit in the corner.

9:23 PM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

let's just hope there's no other use for that yarn, and that the receiver either knits or knows someone who does, frigging stupid boss. oy.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home