Friday, June 29, 2007

i used to be an a student i never used to complain i used to be a truant but i'm still the same

So I was at work the other day and after all of the bullshit I've been going through, the last thing I need is, well, more. And a coworker said something that came across as deliberately mean to me. She thought she was being all holier than thou, you know? All I did was try to reach out to someone I had drifted away from and see if she wanted to walk, literally, 100 feet to grab some food and walk back with me, and a few hours later, she said she couldn't see how she could do it, because she couldn't be friendly enough with me to spend time with me to walk 100 feet with me to grab food.

Apparently my presence is so incredibly fucking repulsive that to exchange pleasantries and small talk would be horrific. She couldn't even lie, and say, oh, I don't know, "I'm sorry, I forgot I have to make a phone call, maybe some other time," or something equally as insincere. No, she had to say that she couldn't go in as meanly a way as possible, to the not-quite-healed woman going through what I amwhose friends are choosing sides and who has already had her so-called "best friend" decide that she couldn't be friends with her anymore (and yes, the co-worker knew most of the details, and it all sucks and blows goats with the stink of a million burning arrows searing into my eyeballs).

Where's the fucking compassion for the fellow human being?

So I left work early and I stayed home sick the next day and went in today and she KNEW, she fucking knew I had left because of her, fuck, I hate that she knew that her words affected me at all, that pisses me off.

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Man, that really sucks. Why must some people be so nasty? Sounds though like she's not worth it then. If she's aware of all the pain you're already in and then kicks you when you're down, you're much better off without friends like that. But it still sucks.

Want me to go kick her for you?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

You don't need her, or the so-called best friend either. True friends stand by each other no matter what, and they do exist! Take care of yourself and know that things will get better.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Janice in GA said...

Repeat after me:

People are morons.

Jeezopete.

11:36 AM  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

i'd say fuck her, but it sounds like whoever did would freeze his dick off! what a frigid bitch!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Big Alice said...

I'm sorry. I would go to lunch with you.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Zardra said...

I'm with BigAlice... I would totally go to lunch with you.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home