Sunday, April 27, 2008

fire i'll take you to burn fire i'll take you to learn you're going to burn you're going to burn

So jess and not jess and I were having beers (properly memorized by the bartender from his having served us on one previous occasion) at our not favorite watering hole and we were chatting about what and not and whatnot and so on and suddenly jess, looking past me and not jess, exclaimed, "Fire cheese!" and we all realized that the woman next to not jess was eating a plate of melty, sizzling fried cheese, bathed in brandy and lemon or something, with flames that were just burning out, at which point we then realized that we had all reached our respective ages of older than zero years old without a) knowing that fire cheese existed and b) ever having eaten fire cheese, something we immediately rectified by placing our own order of fire cheese to accompany our memorized-by-the-bartender beers, at which point I whipped out the trusty iPhone because, you know, how could we partake of such a momentous occasion of our first fire cheese without recording the event for posterity? Herewith, our tale:

First, fire cheese aflame!

Still aflame!

Squeezing something on the flaming cheese!

Shaking something on the fire cheese!

Still life with beer and cheese.

'Tis a thing of beauty. Jess pronounced it the most metal food ever. (Accordingly, I quoted Ozzy in today's title. Despite my inclination to quote The Clash. Because, you know, I always quote The Clash. It's the only band that matters.)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Die Krupps did an awesome remake of that song. Why did I think that song was by KISS? Is that song by KISS? Are you too good for KISS?

Jesus, Ozzy really did that song? That so sounds like KISS. Why does Google list an entry for Emerson, Lake, and Palmer also doing that song? Who the hell is EL&P? Have heard the name forever, do I actually know a single song?

I refuse to believe this isn't a KISS song, opposing all evidence to the contrary.

Also, went to a flea market today wherein everyone ooohed and aaahed over the grilled peppers, but, since I am allergic to peppers, they got to ooogle and I got to sprint away to yet another T-shirt booth.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's actually The Crazy World of Arthur Brown.
Never was Ozzy Osbourne.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

How have you NOT had fire cheese?? OMGod. Soloveit. YUM. Damn now I am hungry again and it is like..11PM. Shit.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i know is that ozzy cover, not unlike fire cheese, totally kicks ass.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Colette said...

I tend to quote Elvis Costello myself, but I do love fire cheese. Try it with ouzo.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fire cheese was awesome!!

I wonder what KM will have to say about your Babette Blanket...

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without you?I'd be a soul without a purpose.
Without you?I'd be an emotion without a heart
I'm a face without expression,A heart with no beat
If you were a teardrop;In my eye,
For fear of losing you,I would never cry
And if the golden sun,
Just one smile from you,
Should cease to shine its light,
Would make my whole world bright
Trying times will pass,
As they always do.
Just have patience,
Your dreams will come true.
So put on a smile,
You'll live through your pain.
Know it will pass,
And strength you will gain
The furthest distance in the world
Is not between life and death
But when I stand in front of you
Yet you don't know that
Is not when I stand in front of you
Yet you can't see my love
Yet cannot be together

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

迷你倉
手工藝
芭蕾舞
水墨畫班
婚紗攝影
ballet
去斑
英語課程
中港租車
婚紗攝影
新娘化妝
舞蹈
facial
八字
MM
私人貸款
貸款公司
稅務貸款
物業貸款
向日葵美容中心

3:23 AM  
Blogger 網頁寄存 said...

香港服務器托管 香港主機代管 香港虛擬主機
香港主機託管 香港域名註冊 香港服務器租用 香港網頁設計 網頁寄存 伺服器租用 伺服器托管 商務中心 辦公室出租 商務辦公室 寫字樓租賃 迷你倉 迷你倉 寫字樓出租 商務中心 倉庫 寫字樓 香港虛擬主機 數據中心 香港主機託管 網頁設計 香港主機租用 娛樂八卦資訊 hong kong web hosting hong kong servers hosting hong kong web design hong kong dedicated servers

11:13 PM  
Blogger shangshaning said...

迷你倉 儲存 storage SEO 網頁設計 DBA 日本代購 代購 bid 代bid? 日本時裝 ?Japan fashion 汽車維修 汽車零件 汽車零件及配件 二手車 二手零件 MBA BBA DBApda phone unlocked phones unlocked cell phones 香港賓館 香港旅館 IPPBX sip CRM 投資技術分析

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home