Saturday, September 20, 2008

can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail a smile from a veil do you think you can tell

I was sewing up my Afghan of Shame hexagons today and I got an entire strip sewn up and whammo, I figured out that the colors weren't lining up because, moron, I was off by one jog, so I had to pick the entire thing out again, because, of course, I used one single thing of yarn, making it a giant pain in the fucking ass for me to sew up, but, you know, I never ran out of yarn in the strip, and it was the longest strip in the whole thing, seven hexagons to seven hexagons, so once I picked everything out I decided no more sewing up for me, even though yesterday Amber and I went to G Street and got buttons for the Manos cardigan I finished knitting and which is all blocked and the stockinette isn't even rolling or anything and it's all ready for the sewing uppage. Which I'm not all against or anything.

So I rooted about and found a half a sock I started back in the day in February before the broken ribs and all, here's a picture from back then
(Ribbed Lace, from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch) and you know, it looks exactly the same now, only I've knit 39 more rows. I should be decreasing for the toe by now! Why is this going nowhere? And my skein of Lorna's (Laces Shepherd Sock, colorway Envy - I call these my Snakeskin Socks, don't they look like snakeskin or reptilian to you?) is getting smaller and smaller, only this isn't getting any further down my foot.

I figure eventually I'll run out of yarn, and still only be halfway down my foot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

I really love that LL Envy.. it looks great with that pattern. For some reason I can't ever get a top down pattern that fits me properly in the instep part of the foot.. but I'm starting to wonder if its not the whole pattern but the heel flap that is my prob.
(Glad to see you blogging again..btw)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home