Monday, October 02, 2006

but sooner or later her new friends will realize that julie's been working for the drug squad

Honestly, I love some of the comments on my last post. No, really. They amuse me.

I know for many offices, it's normal for there to be an admin, someone to do the "lower-level" (and I put that in quotes for a reason; I don't think it's actually lower level, I just know that many people do see it that way) work.

At my job, there are eight of us, and six work onsite. Including me, and including my supervisor. We're all pretty "high-level" within the scope of our jobs. Therefore, we do the administrative work ourselves, and we pitch in to help out when possible.

I don't want to get into specific aspects of my job, because it wouldn't be appropriate, but allow me to hypothesize, merely a guess, mind you.

Perhaps not every one of the six of us work as hard as some of the rest of us, and perhaps not everyone can be counted on to get things done, and perhaps some of the six of us do have that attitude that admin-type work is beneath them, and perhaps some people are tired of dealing with pushback from those people, and don't have time in the course of the day to do those functions themselves, and therefore ask those of us who do have time (albeit not in the friendliest of manners, using a shorthand method that's rather dictatorial) and don't give them pushback said admin-type duties to take care of, so they can be assured the work gets done.

Perhaps.

(And for the record, it was about 1.5 yards of Wool-Ease Thick 'N' Quick. Not that I don't have other yarn at work. Or a drawer full of knitting books. And needles. Or anything. Nope, not me.)

3 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

well, at least it wasn't anything truely fantasmagorical like kid silk haze, or some such (granted, ksh wouldn't do a lot of padding, but you get my drift).

and that's still long enough to toss in another stripey project, lol.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By any chance are those who don't do admin work men? And it's the high level women who do the admin work?

If so, please raise this with your boss because really, that is sex discrimination at its most basic.

On the otherhand, if it's women on both sides, then that's just life in an office.

Good luck!

p.s. i'm just starting my blog, so you may want to wait a bit before visiting. there's lots of kinks to work out and no one to pass the admin part off on.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

Oh thank goodness, I thought you'd sent good wool or something! I mean like alpaca ...

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home