Thursday, October 12, 2006

i am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Dear "Norman Smith":

I am not as fucking stupid as you seem to think all Americans who call you at your call center, which is clearly located in India, are. Don't insult my intelligence by pretending you have some "American" name.

If you were unable to perform the simple tasks expected of all Delta call center employees, why did you proceed to fuck up half of my ticket and then transfer me to someone who couldn't figure out anything and then had to transfer me to her supervisor to fix my tickets? It's someone just like you who fucked up my tickedt home this weekend in the first place, thereby precluding me from seeing The Grudge 2 with The Man Who Lives in the House.

Next time? Tell me your real name. Admit you know nothing and pass me along before you leave me on hold for 45 minutes.

2 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

here's a crack up for ya. i used to work in a call center here in the us. in nebraska, lol. and we had 3 different ladies who are indian (as in asia, lol). i always wondered if the customers thought they'd been outsourced, lol. i know aol is, and that's frustrating

9:42 AM  
Blogger Zardra said...

I've got a story similar to dragon knitter's...

I work customer support for a tech company in SiliValley. One day, I overheard a call, the customer liason (they were they to soothe angry customers) in the cube next to me was trying very hard to convince the customer that the engineer he had spoken to, while she had an Indian accent, was actually here in CA three cubes away.

We have a lot of Indian engineers, but they all go by their own names.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home