Sunday, September 28, 2008

and all around the wall a splotch a blob beware of the blob

Lookit what I actually finished last weekend!
Yes! One Snakeskin Sock, done! I think it's pretty kickass, myself. I put just the right amount of negative ease in it. I started on the second, but I started the pattern too soon - the cuff wasn't long enough - and didn't figure it out until three inches into it so I frogged it.

And then yesterday I seamed the cozy splotchy cardigan, and reinforced the buttonholes, and even sewed on buttons, and did the neck, and the Must Have Cardigan from Hip to Knit in Manos del Uruguay is done.
Knitting time: 8 days. Blocking: 2 days. Seaming: 1 day. I made the 42" size, because I didn't quite get gauge and I didn't want to go down a size smaller. The fit is perfect. The pattern called for 7 skeins of Manos, I used about 5.3.

I'm ridiculously in love with it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

Wow.. great sweater!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It fits perfectly! What a great job of knitting!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Restless Knitter said...

It looks awesome!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That cardigan is teh beautiful! If you ever fall out of love with it you have a cousin who lives in three season cold weather who will take it off your hands in a second. :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

It's very flattering! I'm in town this week. Call me.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Larry Medina said...

I like it this sweater... looks very nice on J00

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home