Sunday, October 12, 2008

and she takes the red light and you will find crossing the finish line

So here's the thing.

The snakeskin socks? I started them last December, and I put them down just...about...the...time that I got served with divorce papers.

And every time I picked them up, I kept thinking of my divorce. They're the "imbibed with baggage" socks.

And no, I'm not divorced yet. But something made me finish these, despite the baggage, and the end of the second sock seemed to take forever. But they're done.
Somehow, I feel more accomplished about completing this pair of socks than I do about any of the projects I've completed in a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

I like them.

Maybe it's an omen and y'all can get all divorcified by the end of the year.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

We all measure our time against something...you measure against knitting projects...I measure against parenting milestones.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home